21st February 2018
Now the sparkle and romance of Valentine’s Day is over we want to make sure the love doesn’t dry up altogether. Here at Sutton Harbour we have a whole host of bars, restaurants, attractions and hotels to help you show your loved one how much they mean to you, each and every day of the year…
- Premier Inn Hotel Plymouth City Centre (Sutton Harbour): A well known chain hotel may not be everyone’s idea of a romantic getaway but this Premier Inn is perfectly located in the historic heart of the city, and highly affordable from just £57.00 per night. Book a room here and you’ll be able to walk to the shops and restaurants of Sutton Harbour, the Barbican and Plymouth’s city centre in just a few minutes. Plus it’s right around the corner from the National Marine Aquarium.
- Mount Edgcumbe: Whether you choose to stay in one of their cosy holiday cottages or get rustic in the luxury shepherd’s hut, you’ll have an amazing time away at Mount Edgcumbe Country Park. Spend your days exploring the acres of park land or take a tour of the house and gardens. Or hop on the ferry and discover the charms of Plymouth as you stroll around the alleyways and boutique shops of Sutton Harbour and the Barbican.
- Air BnB: For those couples looking for a home away from home, Air BnB has a huge range of options in and around Sutton Harbour. Stay right in the heart of Plymouth and wake up to a stunning view of the harbour from only £20 per night for a one bedroom flat with private bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities. Or book an entire property from as little as £57 per night and spend your time away getting to know each other better as you enjoy Plymouth’s bustling historic quarter.
- Supha’s: If you and your significant other love exotic food then you have to try Supha’s in Sutton Harbour. Whether you pop in for a lunchtime special or book a table for the evening, you’ll be greeted with fantastic customer service and stunning views across the waterfront. The huge range of delicious dishes feature flavours influenced by Thai, Vietnamese and Malaysian street food and there are plenty of options for vegans and vegetarians too.
- The Stable: Who doesn’t love pizza, pie and cider? So what better way to show your other half you love them than by treating them to a fantastic meal at The Stable. Push the boat out and order a cider tasting board to enjoy as you sit outside on the sun terrace and gaze across the beautiful harbour with your loved one by your side.
- Make at 140 Vauxhall Street: If you like treats as sweet as your other half then book a high tea at Make at 140. Nibble on meringue kisses, mini cakes and a range homemade treats as you chill out in this unique environment. Why not get creative and book a space on one of the many workshops hosted each month?
- Rakuda Kitchen and Cocktails: There is no better location to enjoy a drink than on the water’s edge in Sutton Harbour. Rakuda is perfectly located on the harbourside at Quay Road and has plenty of outdoor seating to offer. Sip cocktails and enjoy the sunshine as you gaze across the water.
- Blues Bar and Grill: If you’re the kind of couple that loves listening to live music then you’ll love Blues Bar and Grill. Treat your partner to their favourite drink and get caught up in the lively atmosphere with performances from local Jazz and Blues musicians most evenings throughout the week.
- The Refectory Cocktail Bar: Does your other half like the finer things in life? Then take them to The Refectory Bar in the Barbican. This elegant bar serves up world-class cocktails in a sophisticated environment. It is also located right above Plymouth’s own Gin Distillery – so make sure you book a tour and find out how the world-famous gin is made.
Things to do:
- National Marine Aquarium: Couple days out don’t get much better than a trip to the National Marine Aquarium, the UK’s largest aquarium. Get up close and personal with over 4,000 animals and discover a world full of mysterious underwater creatures. Make sure you hold your partners hand as you walk through the Atlantic Ocean exhibit as you might find yourselves surrounded by sharks at all angles, even above you!
- Plymouth Boat Trips: From sight-seeing excursions to party nights, Plymouth Boat Trips offers a whole host of exciting activities for couples to take part in. Take advantage of the early spring sunshine and hop on board to explore the beautiful Plymouth Sound and the waters beyond.
- Harbour Heritage Trail: Is there anything more romantic than a waterfront stroll? We think not. Follow the Harbour Heritage Trail around Sutton Harbour and learn about its rich history and heritage. The one mile long route will take you around the beautiful waterfront giving you plenty of time to chat with your other half – and with lots of great places to stop along the way you can make a day of it with a meal out or some drinks.